CONTENT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Tips for an ‘Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success’ submission
An ‘Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success’ story is an inspirational, true story, a personal prayer you are happy sharing, poem, motto, personal quote, piece of advice, tip or paragraph (the “Story ” or “Stories”) written by a confident and self-made woman with the sole purpose to encourage and (you guessed it) inspire another woman or young lady who is now starting on her journey and/or making her way through it.
It is a Story that motivates and offers guidance and assurance to another woman so that we can collectively cause the empowerment and strengthening of our global female community. It is a simple piece that touches our readers and helps them discover basic principles they can use in their own lives to change the way they think and act in order to attain the goals they have set, or intend to set for their journey to success. These stories are personal and can filled with emotion, wit, love, passion and/or drama. They are bursting with vivid images created by using the five senses. Your readers should be able to feel and sense your drive and determination; they should want to hit the ground running with an aim to feel as empowered as you are.
Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success Stories are written in the first person and have a beginning, middle and an end. The stories often close with a punch, creating emotion, rather than simply talking about it. Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success Stories have sentiment, but also something extra, a component that should have your reader feeling encouraged, more hopeful, more gratified, more passionate and totally ready to tackle her challenges and chase her dreams with a plan!
Guidelines for an Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success Story
- Make your Story (and remember, it can also be a quote, a paragraph, poem or motto!) thrilling, encouraging and/or humorous about something that has happened to you or even someone you know (but preferably it should be about you). Your Story should be written in the first person and should be about yourself or someone close to you.
- Present the Story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh, get goose bumps or say “Wow!”
- The Story should start “in the action” and draw in the reader. Do not start your Story with an introduction about what you are going to say, or end with a concluding paragraph about what you just said.
- Don’t be afraid to speak from the heart. You may use a pen name for your Story if you do not want to use your real name.
- Keep your Story to 1000 words or less. You can do it 😊 Edit, proofread, edit!
- Your Story must be true. No fiction, no creative writing.
What an Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success Story IS NOT:
- A sermon, an essay or eulogy.
- An “as told to” Story written by you for someone else. If you ghost-write a Story for someone, we thank you for helping that person share his or her Story. That person’s name will be listed as the author and he or she can acknowledge your help in the bio section.
- A term paper, thesis, letter or journal entry.
- About politics or controversial issues.
- A biography or testimonial.
- A journalistic article about a third party that reads like a newspaper article.
Guidelines for an Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success poem
- We absolutely LOVE poems that tell a Story. An Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success poem does the same job as a Story. The reader goes away having learned your Story, just through poetry instead of prose.
- We will not publish poems that do not tell a Story.
- We also will not publish poems that seem overly focused on rhyming and read more like greeting cards.
Guidelines for an Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success motto, quote or paragraph
- 100 words or less
- Should of course provide advice, motivation, feeling of happiness, encouragement or a laugh to the reader
A few more tips about submitting
- The only way to submit your stories or poems to us is via our website www.climbinginheels.com. If you have any problems when trying to fill out the form and submit your work, please contact us at: email@example.com. Responses can take between 48 to 72 hours – please be patient with our team, we are getting loads of emails every day!
- Please submit only stories or poems that have not been previously published. The only exception to this is if your work has only been published in a small local publication with limited circulation or on your own blog.
- Please do not send us any book manuscripts, unless through a literary agent, as these will be automatically discarded. Also, we do not accept title ideas from the public. If we receive any, they will be discarded and will not be shown to an editor.
What happens after I submit my Story?
Please be patient after you press the SUBMIT button. Wait for the next screen to come up with a message that confirms your submission has been received. This is your confirmation that we have received your Story and that it has been entered into our database. This is the only confirmation you will receive. There is no separate e-mail message from us. An “Error” message comes up if your submission does not go through.
How will you know if your Story is selected?
We do not send rejection letters, and we occasionally will save a submission for consideration for a future book. But in general, if you have not heard from us within 30 days before the book’s on-sale date, that probably means we have decided not to use your Story. Remember, there are millions of ladies with wonderful things to share and we only have space for 100 Stories, so please don’t take our silence personally!
It can take some time for an Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success book to be completed. Please be patient, as the selection of stories and poems is a time-consuming process. Please do not contact us to ask for an update about your Story unless you need to know whether we are considering it because another publisher is interested in it too.
If we choose your Story for a future edition of Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success or any of our other projects, we will notify you by e-mail and request your permission to print it. We never publish anything without written permission from the author, and we get your approval for the inspirational quote that we put at the top of each Story and also for any edits we make.
If your e-mail address changes after you submit your Story, be sure to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we decide to publish your Story, you will receive a free copy, plus 5 codes for a free download to share with your loved ones. You will also be included in our Contributors Affiliate Program during the eBook promotion where you will be entitled to earn 40% of the eBook’s sales revenue that is driven through our amazing Affiliate Opportunity.
You will also become part of the Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success family and be featured during global promotional campaigns with the opportunity to share your Story via video, live webinars and conferences.
If your Story is selected to be published in one of our Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success books, you will be asked to sign our standard permission release agreement. That agreement asks for non-exclusive rights to publish your Story. This means that you retain ownership of your Story but you grant us the rights to publish it and use it again in any future Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success book title or any Inspiring a Women’s Journey to Success project.